On October 11-15, the Research Conference ‘4th International Efimov Memorial Conference: Russia's Economic Policy and Sustainable Development Goals" will be held at the Russian Foreign Trade Academy.
The program, developed by the UN General Assembly in 2015 and scheduled until 2030, identifies 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and 169 related targets, including ensuring gender equality and quality education, rational use of natural resources and energy, climate change and climate actions, transition to rational models of consumption and production, etc. At the same time, each UN member state independently develops a strategy and plan for its sustainable development. To what extent is the Russian economic policy aligned with the goals of sustainable development? How are the SDGs reflected in the agenda of global and regional integration agreements in which Russia participates? What are the constraints and opportunities for Russia's economic policy in the international context of sustainable development?
The conference will be structured in several directions:
• Sustainable Development Goals on the international agenda.
• Macroeconomic processes and economic policy: trends, factors and driving forces at the current stage of development.
• Problems and prospects of deepening Eurasian integration in modern conditions.
• The ninth goal of the SDG is industrialization, innovation, infrastructure.
• Towards Carbon Neutrality - Challenges and Tools to Achieve the Goal.
• Program-targeted instruments for achieving the national development goals of the Russian Federation in the long term.
• Current trends in the practice of resolving international commercial disputes.
Keynote lecture will be delivered on 14 October by Beata Javorcik, Chief Economist of the EBRD, and Professor of Economics at the University of Oxford. The lecture will be online.
The conference will be held in two languages – Russian and English.
The format of the meeting will be hybrid with possibility to join by zoom.
Here you can find the conference program and the registration form.
More information about Anatoly Efimov.