FOREIGN NATIONALS’ ADMISSION
Foreign nationals are admitted to all programs, levels, forms and modes of education offered by the RFTA.
Both state budgeted form and contractual form of education are available for foreign nationals.
Training at the RFTA is performed in compliance with the Common State Standard approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
The Academic year at the Academy starts on September 1 and lasts till the end of June. It consists of two semesters; at the end of each semester the students take tests and exams (winter and summer sessions).
Duration of training:
• Bachelor Degree Programs (undergraduate programs ) - 4 years
• Master Degree Programs (graduate programs) - 2 years
• Postgraduate studies (full-time) - 3 years
• Postgraduate studies (distant learning ) - 4 years
• Postgraduate studies + degree (PhD Degree) (for the holders of Master’s and/or Specialist’s Diploma) - 3 years
Upon completion of the course of studies at the Academy the graduates get a State diploma certifying the Degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD ) and qualification of the holder.
Training in the Academy is conducted in Russian, therefore a prerequisite for foreign nationals admission is a sufficient level of Russian language, allowing them to study the proposed courses and materials.
Admission to undergraduate (Bachelor’s) programs (state budgeted form of education) is conducted:
• within the limits of annual quotas (in accordance with Decision № 891 of the Government of the Russian Federation "On quotas for education of foreign nationals and stateless persons in the Russian Federation " dated August 10, 2013). Foreign nationals can apply for any undergraduate program at any of four Departments of the Academy.
• To participate in the competition for training within the established quota, the foreign nationals seeking admission to bachelor’s and master’s programs should contact diplomatic missions of the Russian Federation abroad or the Overseas Offices of RosCooperation (RosSotrudnichestvo) in the country of residence, and refer to selection committee selecting candidates for training in the RF.
• For more information, all those seeking admission to the Academy should refer to embassies and consulates of their countries on the territory of the RF. Contact information is available at: http://www.russia.edu.ru/support/aisr/
Admission to undergraduate (Bachelor’s) programs (commercial form of education) is conducted:
• As per results of Admission Tests in Russian and foreign languages carried out by the Academy independently.
Deadline for applications from foreign nationals for participation in Admission Tests is June 20, 2015.
Tests are carried out within July 11 – July 24, 2015.
Supplementary testing is carried out from August 24 to August 28, 2015.
Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan have the right to apply for both state budgeted and commercial forms of education and participate in the overall competition together with the Russian nationals.
To participate in the overall competition, the candidates are to present the results of the Unified State Examination (USE) in the subjects included in the RFTA List of Entrance examinations for specific department / specialization OR the results of the Admission Tests carried out by the Academy independently.
Applications from all those seeking admission to the Academy are accepted starting June 19, 2015 till
- July 24, 2015 (for those presenting the results of the Unified State Examination (USE) only)
- July 10, 2015 (for those presenting the results of Admission Tests carried out by the Academy independently )
Admission Tests conducted by the Academy independently are held from July 10 to July 24, 2015
Admission to graduate (Master’s ) programs is conducted:
•• within the limits of annual quotas (in accordance with Decision № 891 of the Government of the Russian Federation "On quotas for education of foreign nationals and stateless persons in the Russian Federation " dated August 10, 2013). Foreign nationals can apply to four Departments of the Academy.
The procedure of competition for gaining quota for state budgeted education is similar to the one for Bachelor’s Programs
•• As per the results of the overall competition for both state budgeted and commercial forms of education. To participate in the overall competition, the candidates are to present the results of the examination in foreign language and interdisciplinary examination carried out by the Academy independently.
Foreign nationals applying for Master Degree programs at RFTA (for both state budgeted and commercial forms of education) should submit documents within June 01-19, 2015.
•• Admission to the 1st year of Master Degree Program of foreign nationals holding Bachelor’s or Specialist’s diploma shall be carried out as per results of interdisciplinary examination in the area of studies and examination in foreign language.
Foreign nationals studying within the limits of annual quota are paid State Academic Stipend during the whole period of studies regardless of academic excellence.
Foreign nationals admitted to state budgeted forms of undergraduate and graduate programs are paid stipend in the established order if they demonstrate good and excellent results in all examinations and tests during the session.
Admission to the postgraduate programs is carried out :
•• As per the results of entry examinations in foreign language and philosophy, as well as special examination in the following areas of studies:
38.06.01 – Economics;
40.06.01 – Law
Applications are accepted from March 15 2015 till May 30 , 2015.
Tests shall be carried out within June 15 - June 26 2015.
Foreign nationals can be admitted for studies at the Academy within the framework of Student Exchange programs with partner universities. The procedure of admission to RFTA is regulated by the agreements between partner universities.
RFTA provides visa support to those wishing to come to Russia for signing a contract and solving other issues related to admission to RFTA. All those arriving by the beginning of the academic year should have stamp “for studies at RFTA” in their entry visa for further registration procedure.
Foreign nationals should submit to the Academy the following documents:
•• Standard application form,
•• Identity document, certifying nationality of the applicant,
•• Copy of the passport with visa and migration card ,
•• Documents confirming education level : Transcripts from secondary school (high school) for bachelor applicants or university transcript for master’s applicants. Documents should include grades and courses taken. .
•• Notarized translation into Russian of the documents confirming education, grades and courses taken
•• Standard Certificate of Equivalence of the documents on education received abroad
•• Standard certificate of the HIV-negative status of the applicant,
••Standard medical certificate, certifying absence of medical contra-indications for study in the Russian Federation,
•• Health insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation,
•• Eight 3x4 photos (black and white, matte),
•• The list of scientific publications, inventions, signed by the author (only for those applying for post-graduate studies).