The Law clinic of The Russian Foreign Trade Academy
The Center of student legal aid (Law clinic) of The Russian Foreign Trade Academy was established by the order of the Rector in July 2013 on the basis of the international law department and is a structural subdivision of the Academy.
Legal aid is provided on the basis of the legislation of the Russian Federation and acts of its official interpretation and practice of its application. The scope of legal assistance, although not limited to individual areas of law, is carried out taking into account the specifics of the Academy and its educational programs.
The main principles of the Center's activities are:
- protection of rights and freedoms;
- respect for human dignity;
- availability for individuals wishing to receive legal assistance and individuals wishing to be involved in the work of the Center;
- voluntary work in the Center;
- confidentiality of information obtained from individuals who applied for legal aid;
- fair practice;
- availability of the information on the work of the Center.
The main purpose of the Center's activity is the acquisition by the students of the international law department of the Academy of practical skills in their chosen field through providing of free legal assistance to representatives of socially underprivileged strata of the population and human rights organizations under the guidance of experienced lawyers - Curators of the Center.
The main tasks of the Center are:
- raising the level of professional training of the Academy students;
- developing and upgrading students’ practical skills;
- professional orientation, adaptation and specialization of students;
- development of high-level legal awareness among students, understanding of the social role of jurisprudence and the role of lawyers in society;
- development of professionally meaningful personality traits of students.
B. socially oriented:
- participation in solving social problems of society by providing free legal assistance as well as responding to citizens’ appeals to state bodies and local self-government bodies;
- protection of the rights and legitimate interests of citizens and organizations;
- assisting human rights organizations;
- legal education of the population;
- raising legal awareness of the population.
Address of the Law Clinic of the Russian Foreign Trade Academy:
Moscow, 6А Vorobiyovskoye Shosse, room № 1001
RFTA Law Clinic e-mail