International Law Faculty and Private Law Center of the RFTA announce 6th Rozenberg Contest in International Commercial Arbitration INTERNATIONAL SALE – 2019. For the first time in Russia, the Contest in International Arbitration is held in two languages (Russian / English)
We invite bachelors, masters and post-graduate students of all universities of the Russian Federation and other countries to participate in the Competition.
· For the first time in Russia the moot court on International Commercial Arbitration is held in Russian and English
· For the first time M.G. Rozenberg International Commercial Arbitration Moot holds a quarter-final in each section
The results of the competition are summed up separately in each section
The competition Rules, case and other materials are posted on the website http://www.vavt.ru/moot/site/konkurs_rosenberg2019
Each university may send up to 3 teams to participate in each section
Each team participates only in one section. Participation in the competition is free
Send your applications:
· For International Commercial Arbitration section in Russian to Anna Grigorievna Majstrenko, the member of the Organizing Committee (email@example.com)
· For International Commercial Arbitration section in English to Denis Yakovlevich Primakov, the member of the Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The application includes the name of the university, faculty, the chosen language, team composition and coach, contact information (telephone numbers, e-mails of the team members). The application is to be sent not later than January 10, 2019
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
“VAVT 2019” is the sixth student Moot on International Commercial Arbitration named after M.G. Rozenberg who was famous international expert in international trade law, world known arbitrator, professor, author of numerous works on private international law and Russian civil law, international sale of goods, international commercial arbitration
Purposes and Objectives of the Competition. The Competition is held during the reform of the arbitration proceedings and is aimed:
· to develop such skill as presenting the position of the parties to the dispute and protecting their legitimate interests with the help of applicable rules of law and foreign doctrine,
· convincing the arbitral tribunal of the validity of the presented arguments, analyzing strong and weak points of the opponent
· to master acting on behalf of the party to a commercial dispute in Russian and in English,
· to learn the modern ways of conduction the arbitration procedure,
· to learn the current technologies of international arbitration,
· to gain experience in commercial mediation,
· to get some valuable recommendations and practical advice from the best lawyers working in the spheres of international arbitration and mediation in the country
The jury of the competition included the arbitrators of the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation and mediators from the Collegium of mediators for conciliation procedures at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation and other domestic and foreign arbitration and mediation centers, including native speakers.
The jury is headed by Professor V. V. Chubarov, the Vice-President of the CCI of the Russian Federation, member of the Presidium and arbitrator of the ICAC
Preparation and holding of the Moot provides the Organizing Committee, which includes:
Chairman: A.S. Komarov, Head of the Chair of Private International Law, Professor, member of the Presidium and arbitrator of the ICAC, member of the Presidential Council for the codification of law and improvement of civil legislation, member of the Presidential Council for the improvement of justice
Vice-chairman: D. N. Podshibjakin, head of the Center of Arbitration and Mediation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, arbitrator of the ICAC
Members of the Organizing Committee:
N.G. Vilkova, Professor of the Chair of Private International Law, member of the Presidium and arbitrator of the ICAC
L. B. Zabelova, Professor of the Chair of Private International Law, the reporter of the ICAC
I. N. Lukjanova, Head of the Chair of Procedural Law
A. G. Majstrenko, Associate professor the Chair of Civil and Business Law
D. Ya. Primakov, Associate professor of the Chair of Procedural Law
G. A. Pakerman, Associate professor of the Chair of Civil and Business Law
Ju. V. Petrovicheva, Associate professor of the Chair of Civil and Business Law
N. I. Gaidaenko Sher, Arbitrator of the ICAC, Head of the department of the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, senior lawyer of the law firm “Secretan, Troyanov, Schaer”
B.A. Basistiy, arbitrator of the ICAC
I.Z. Greku, arbitrator the ICAC
G. V. Sevastianov, managing editor of journal “Arbitration”
The competition has two rounds:
First round of the moot courts, where each team will take part in 2 moots (as a claimant and as a defendant) will be held in RFTA on March 20, 2019.
The second round of the moot courts (quarterfinals and semifinals) will be held in RFTA on March 21, 2019.
The final round will take place on March 22, 2019 in the Congress center of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Russian Federation.
The award ceremony and closing ceremony will take place on March 22, 2019 at the Congress center of the chamber of Commerce and industry of the Russian Federation. The winners and the best participants will receive prizes and internships in leading law firms.
Your team can participate in the Competition.
We are waiting for your applications!