History of Academy
· The Department of Foreign Trade Management, offering Bachelor’s Programs with concentration in Management (full-time training) is organized.
· The first graduates of the Department of International Economists receive their degrees and diplomas.
· In addition to ‘Economics and National Economy Management’ the Department of Post-graduate studies offers new majors: ‘World economy’, ‘Civil law; Entrepreneurial law; Family law; International private law’ and ‘International law; European law’.
· For specialists of organizations and enterprises of the RF Defense complex the Academy starts professional retraining and refresher course in “Management in the field of military cooperation of the RF with foreign countries”.
· The Academy is certified by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
· The Academy starts admission to Master Degree Course in Management with concentration in ‘Legal Support of International Activity’ and ‘International Business’.
· The Thesis Board starts working for candidates’ thesis in the fields of ‘Civil law; Entrepreneurial law; Family law; International private law’ and ‘International law; European law’.
· The first graduates of the Department of International Law on the basis of complete secondary education (full-time) received their diplomas.
· A new MBA Program with concentration in Corporate management is introduced.
· The first graduates of Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs in “Management” receive their diplomas.
· A new MBA Program with concentration in Global Management (language of instructions is English) is introduced within the framework of international cooperation with Bremen Higher School.
· A new specialization in “Finance and Credit” is introduced by International Economists’ Department (evening classes).
· A new MBA Program with concentration in ‘Economy, Trade Policy and WTO Law’ is introduced.
· A new Master Degree Course in Management with concentration in Logistics in Foreign Economic Activity is introduced.
· Student exchange program is started in cooperation with Heilbronn University (Germany).
· A new Training Program in ‘Finance and Credit’ (full time) started at the Department of International Economy.
· In cooperation with RANEPA under the President of the RF, the RFTA starts implementation of the Agreement with Grenoble-2 University. According to the Agreement, the 3rd and 4th year students of Foreign Trade Management Department and of International Economists’ Department take 2-year distant course at the Grenoble University to get a ‘Licence’, a type of diploma corresponding to Bachelor Degree.
· "Russian Foreign Economic Bulletin", a journal established by the Russian Academy of Foreign Trade in 1996, is accredited with the media and since 2008 its impact factor is РИНЦ, ISSN 2072-8042.
· ‘Strategic Management’, a new concentration of MBA Program at the Faculty of Professional Programs is launched.
· “Interpreter (translator) in the field of professional communication”, a new additional education Program (minor) is available for students specializing in “Law”, “World Economy”, “Finance and Credit”. On successful completion of the Program the students get a diploma of Professional translator, which gives them a competitive edge in Labor market.
· “Theory and practice of negotiating”, a new Professional Development Program started. Language of instructions is English.
· Higher School of Commerce merged with RFTA Business School.
· RFTA ranked 7th on the list of Institutions of Higher Education of the RF published by Forbes in September, 2010.
· Finance Department offering major in ‘Finance and Credit’ is organized.
· MBA programs offered at the RFTA Department of Professional Programs are accredited at European Council for Business Education (ECBE), Switzerland.
· RFTA Sports and Fitness Center is put into operation.
· Two level education system of undergraduate & graduate levels (Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs) is introduced at all departments of the Academy.
· Preparatory courses for Master’s Programs are organized (evening department, for those having Bachelor or Specialist diploma).
· Admission to the new Master Degree Programs is open (evening department, for those having Bachelor or Specialist diploma
- International Economy (evening classes)
- International Economy (distant learning)
- Finance in International Trade
- International Business Legal Regulation
· The Department of Professional Programs starts "Foreign Economic Activity Management" program.
· International Law Department starts a Bachelor Degree Program (evening department, 2nd higher education).
· Finance Department is renamed as International Finance Department. The Department is implementing ‘Finance and Credit’ Specialist Program (full-time and evening modes of studies). Starting September 1, 2011 new major in Economics with concentration in ‘Finance and Credit’ is introduced.
· Preparatory courses start Foreign Language Program for 10-year secondary school students preparing for Unified State Examination.
· On November 17, 2011 the RFTA hosted jubilee conference ‘Priorities and prospects of regional economic integration with participation of Russia in the post-Soviet space, in the European and Asia-Pacific regions’, dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the Academy.
· The Academy started Bachelor’s Programs in Economics (code 080100.62) at the Department of International Economists (concentration in Global Economy), at the Department of International Finance (concentration in Finance and Credit) and Bachelor’s Programs in Law (code 030900) at International Law Department with concentrations in ‘International Economic Law’ and ‘International Business Legal Regulation’.
· In February 2012 the Academy started implementation of Master Degree Programs (post graduate programs for holders of Bachelor or Specialist Diplomas, evening classes) in Economics (code 080100.68) at the Department of International Commerce with concentration in ‘International Economy’ and ‘Finance in International Trade’; in Law (code 030900.68) at the Department of International Law with concentration in Regulation of International Business Transactions; in Management (code 080200.68) at the Department of Professional Programs with concentration in ‘International Business Management’.
· The Academy hosts the First International Contest ‘WTO Model’.
· The Department of Professional Programs developed the programs as follows: ‘Professional Development Program for Executive Secretaries’, ‘Professional Development Program for the RF Trade Representation employees’, ‘The main issues of foreign trade activity related to military products’, ‘Integration Processes in the post-Soviet space – Customs Union and Common Economic Space’, ‘OECD: the relevance of Russia's accession; specificity and negotiation process’, ‘Trade policy issues and issues related to Russia’s participation in and the accession to the WTO’.
· Training Program in Economics (code 080100.62) offers concentration in ‘Trade Policy’.
· Department of Professional Programs starts new Master Degree Program “Strategic Management and Change Management’.
· Department of International Economists starts a new program in Economics (code 080100.62) with concentration in ‘Trade Policy’.
· Oriental Language sub-division is organized
· International Commerce Department merged with the Department of Professional Programs