According to the decision of the USSR Council of People’s Commissars the All-Union Foreign Trade Academy (FTA/VAVT (Russian abbr.) is founded for the purpose of training executives and experts in the field of foreign trade.
As per decision of the USSR Council of People’s Commissars the Academy got the status of the institution for higher education for training those having higher education in the second major “International Economic Relations”
Evening format of training is introduced
In addition to the Department of Foreign Trade Economists the International Economists’ Department is organized to train specialists to be employed with international organizations of the UNO.
The Department of Professional Development is founded. In 1980-s the Department was reorganized into the Institute of Professional Development with VAVT.
The Department for External Economic Relations is organized to train personnel for the programs of economic and technical cooperation with foreign countries .
· In connection with its 50th anniversary the Academy is awarded the Order of Peoples’ Friendship for training top professionals to work in the area of economic, scientific and technical cooperation with foreign countries.
· The Academy is awarded international award “Golden Mercury”.
Post-graduate course majoring in “Economy, planning and national economy management” is introduced. The Council for defending doctoral and candidate thesis is established
Full-time and distant modes of studies are introduced by decision of the RF government.
· The Department of International Commerce, providing full-time, evening and distant modes of training is organized on the basis of Foreign Trade Economists’ Department and Foreign Economic Relations Department.
· The Academy is renamed as the Russian Foreign Trade Academy.
The Centre of Foreign Languages is opened.
· The Academy introduces training in another major i.e. “World economy”.
· In accordance with Regulation on Federal Public Service the Academy starts training civil servants involved in management of foreign economic activity and development of international economic, scientific and technical cooperation.
· The Department of the State and International Service is organized on the basis of the Department of Foreign Trade Economists.
· The Far-Eastern Branch of the Academy is opened in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
· The Academy starts full-time training in the field of “World Economy” on the basis of complete secondary education.
· Preparatory courses for those interested in studying at RFTA are organized.
· The Department of International Economists opens undergraduate admission.
· The Department of Professional Training and advanced training of specialists with higher education to work in the field of foreign trade is organized. “Foreign Trade Entrepreneur” Program is launched on the basis of Professional Retraining Faculty.
· Undergraduate training (Bachelor’s Programs) in “Management” and “Economy” started.
· The Department of International Law is organized, it offers post graduate studies with concentration in ‘Law’ (evening mode of studies).
· The Federal Presidential Program in “Foreign trade management” and “International marketing” is introduced at the Professional Training Department.
· Admission to the evening branch of the Department of Foreign Trade Economists started.
Undergraduate training programs on the basis of complete secondary education are introduced at the Department of International Law (full-time mode of studies).
· Master of Business Administration Programs (MBA) in Marketing and International Business are introduced.
· The Board for Doctoral thesis in Economics is organized.
· The Department of Foreign Trade Management, offering Bachelor’s Programs with concentration in Management (full-time training) is organized.
· The first graduates of the Department of International Economists receive their degrees and diplomas.
· In addition to ‘Economics and National Economy Management’ the Department of Post-graduate studies offers new majors: ‘World economy’, ‘Civil law; Entrepreneurial law; Family law; International private law’ and ‘International law; European law’.
· For specialists of organizations and enterprises of the RF Defense complex the Academy starts professional retraining and refresher course in “Management in the field of military cooperation of the RF with foreign countries”.
· The Academy is certified by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
· The Academy starts admission to Master Degree Course in Management with concentration in ‘Legal Support of International Activity’ and ‘International Business’.
· The Thesis Board starts working for candidates’ thesis in the fields of ‘Civil law; Entrepreneurial law; Family law; International private law’ and ‘International law; European law’.
· The first graduates of the Department of International Law on the basis of complete secondary education (full-time) received their diplomas.
· A new MBA Program with concentration in Corporate management is introduced.
· The first graduates of Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs in “Management” receive their diplomas.
· A new MBA Program with concentration in Global Management (language of instructions is English) is introduced within the framework of international cooperation with Bremen Higher School.
· A new specialization in “Finance and Credit” is introduced by International Economists’ Department (evening classes).
· A new MBA Program with concentration in ‘Economy, Trade Policy and WTO Law’ is introduced.
· A new Master Degree Course in Management with concentration in Logistics in Foreign Economic Activity is introduced.
· Student exchange program is started in cooperation with Heilbronn University (Germany).
· A new Training Program in ‘Finance and Credit’ (full time) started at the Department of International Economy.
· In cooperation with RANEPA under the President of the RF, the RFTA starts implementation of the Agreement with Grenoble-2 University. According to the Agreement, the 3rd
year students of Foreign Trade Management Department and of International Economists’ Department take 2-year distant course at the Grenoble University to get a ‘Licence’, a type of diploma corresponding to Bachelor Degree.
· "Russian Foreign Economic Bulletin", a journal established by the Russian Academy of Foreign Trade in 1996, is accredited with the media and since 2008 its impact factor is РИНЦ, ISSN 2072-8042.
· ‘Strategic Management’, a new concentration of MBA Program at the Faculty of Professional Programs is launched.
· “Interpreter (translator) in the field of professional communication”, a new additional education Program (minor) is available for students specializing in “Law”, “World Economy”, “Finance and Credit”. On successful completion of the Program the students get a diploma of Professional translator, which gives them a competitive edge in Labor market.
· “Theory and practice of negotiating”, a new Professional Development Program started. Language of instructions is English.
· Higher School of Commerce merged with RFTA Business School.
· RFTA ranked 7th
on the list of Institutions of Higher Education of the RF published by Forbes in September, 2010.
· Finance Department offering major in ‘Finance and Credit’ is organized.
· MBA programs offered at the RFTA Department of Professional Programs are accredited at European Council for Business Education (ECBE), Switzerland.
· RFTA Sports and Fitness Center is put into operation.
· Two level education system of undergraduate & graduate levels (Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs) is introduced at all departments of the Academy.
· Preparatory courses for Master’s Programs are organized (evening department, for those having Bachelor or Specialist diploma).
· Admission to the new Master Degree Programs is open (evening department, for those having Bachelor or Specialist diploma
- International Economy (evening classes)
- International Economy (distant learning)
- Finance in International Trade
- International Business Legal Regulation
· The Department of Professional Programs starts "Foreign Economic Activity Management"
· International Law Department starts a Bachelor Degree Program (evening department, 2nd
· Finance Department is renamed as International Finance Department. The Department is implementing ‘Finance and Credit’ Specialist Program (full-time and evening modes of studies). Starting September 1, 2011 new major in Economics with concentration in ‘Finance and Credit’ is introduced.
· Preparatory courses start Foreign Language Program for 10-year secondary school students preparing for Unified State Examination.
· On November 17, 2011 the RFTA hosted jubilee conference ‘Priorities and prospects of regional economic integration with participation of Russia in the post-Soviet space, in the European and Asia-Pacific regions’, dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the Academy.
· The Academy started Bachelor’s Programs in Economics (code 080100.62) at the Department of International Economists (concentration in Global Economy), at the Department of International Finance (concentration in Finance and Credit) and Bachelor’s Programs in Law (code 030900) at International Law Department with concentrations in ‘International Economic Law’ and ‘International Business Legal Regulation’.
· In February 2012 the Academy started implementation of Master Degree Programs (post graduate programs for holders of Bachelor or Specialist Diplomas, evening classes) in Economics
(code 080100.68) at the Department of International Commerce with concentration in ‘International Economy’ and ‘Finance in International Trade’; in Law
(code 030900.68) at the Department of International Law with concentration in Regulation of International Business Transactions; in Management
(code 080200.68) at the Department of Professional Programs with concentration in ‘International Business Management’.
· The Academy hosts the First International Contest ‘WTO Model’.
· The Department of Professional Programs developed the programs as follows: ‘Professional Development Program for Executive Secretaries’, ‘Professional Development Program for the RF Trade Representation employees’, ‘The main issues of foreign trade activity related to military products’, ‘Integration Processes in the post-Soviet space – Customs Union and Common Economic Space’, ‘OECD: the relevance of Russia's accession; specificity and negotiation process’, ‘Trade policy issues and issues related to Russia’s participation in and the accession to the WTO’.
· Training Program in Economics (code 080100.62) offers concentration in ‘Trade Policy’.
· Department of Professional Programs starts new Master Degree Program “Strategic Management and Change Management’.
· Department of International Economists starts a new program in Economics (code 080100.62) with concentration in ‘Trade Policy’.
· Oriental Language sub-division is organized
· International Commerce Department merged with the Department of Professional Programs